Excel Help! Multiplication Formula With A Max And Min Value

Old February 2nd 17, 10:48 PM
NGOULD NGOULD is offline
Junior Member

Exclamation Excel Help! Multiplication Formula With A Max And Min Value

Good afternoon everyone! :-)

I have been stuck trying to create a formula for my spreadsheet and was praying that someone could help me. I have spent hours on google searches trying to come up with this formula and I've had no luck.

Cell A11 = Maximum Commission

Cell A13 = Minimum Commission

Cell A9 = Commission Amount (%)

Cell I2 = Loan Amount

I am a lender and I am trying to create a formula that calculates the amount of commission I'll receive on a loan. I have a minimum and maximum commission that I receive as well.

I have tried the IF functions for maximum and minimum but I am having difficulty combining those functions into the same field.

I wanted a function that stated;

Loan amount * Commission Amount = Commission with a Max commission amount and minimum commission amount.

Can someone please help me out with this!?

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Old February 2nd 17, 11:21 PM
billyk81 billyk81 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGOULD View Post
[...]

I think you need to give us more info... The loan amount * Commission % will always give you the same amount. I am not sure where the min and max come into play?
Old February 3rd 17, 01:01 AM
NGOULD NGOULD is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyk81 View Post
I think you need to give us more info... The loan amount * Commission % will always give you the same amount. I am not sure where the min and max come into play?
So what I'm trying to do is create a maximum commission amount and minimum commission amount within my formula.

At my job, we have a minimum commission and maximum commission amount on the loans we close.
Old February 3rd 17, 04:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_6_]

Default Excel Help! Multiplication Formula With A Max And Min Value

> billyk81;1628244 Wrote:
>> I think you need to give us more info... The loan amount *
>> Commission % will always give you the same amount. I am not sure
>> where the min and max come into play?

> So what I'm trying to do is create a maximum commission amount and
> minimum commission amount within my formula.
>
> At my job, we have a minimum commission and maximum commission amount
> on the loans we close.

You can't have 2 results in the same cell! Create a 'Min" column and a
"Max" column and have both calc their respective results...

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Old February 3rd 17, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_11_]

Maybe you are looking for the following
=MAX(MAX(A13,A9),MIN(A11,A9))
Old February 3rd 17, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier[_11_]