Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] brad-c@iherb.com is offline

Default custom number format code using letters and numbers

On Monday, August 17, 2009 at 7:26:01 AM UTC-7, Foo Foo Foo Daddy wrote:
How can I format my cell to display letters, a dash, then #s? For example:
ABC-12345678, or 2DE-12347562, or FG3-46518673?

If the string of numbers after the letters is always the same legnth and the unformatted TEXT Looks like ABC12345678 you could do the following

to format ABC12345678 in Cell A1 as ABC-12345678 in Cell B1: =LEFT(A1,3)&"-"&RIGHT(A1,8)

--
*The information contained in this message is the sole and exclusive
property of **iHerb Inc.** and may be privileged and confidential. It may