Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Excel spreadsheet formula to count numbers in PivotTable column

I'm using Counta(). The issue is the range inside the parens. The
range can change and I would like not to have to re-select it and
drag it across dozens of columns. The range to be counted in each
column starts on Row 3 but might extend to a different depth each
day. I made an Offset function called "RowCount" that counts the
number of words in Column A of the PivotTable and essentially
identifies the number of the last row. I just don't know how to
incorporate this variable into the Counta(B3:B RowCount). I know
there are some ampersands and double-quotes involved.

Have a look here for PivotTable tips...

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Garry