Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Simple Charting Problem, Please

On 26/12/2016 4:42 AM, GS wrote:
Hi Bob,

Am Sun, 25 Dec 2016 10:56:29 -0500 schrieb Bob:

Plotting Blood p:

Column A has dates.
Column B has pressure.

Really a simple setup.
Scatter graph is desired, with straight lines between the actual
points.

Lets say I have 10 dates.

If I select these 10 to plot, no problem.
Does it all nicely.

But if I select, e.g., 15 rows to Plot, with
the last five being Blank, it won't do it.

name the ranges of x and y values and use these names for the
chart.Then your chart is always
present with the current data.
Have a look:
https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqMiGBK2qniTgYI-fCz3P6SW4iUuyQ

Regards
Claus B.

Making this data range 'dynamic' would be best so it self-sizes and
its chart auto-updates accordingly!

Excellent advice from Claus and GS, however creating a 'Dynamic Named
Range' for a casual Excel user is not a trivial task... Amongst other
things it requires knowledge of the OFFSET function.

This link provides a detailed explanation:

http://www.excel-easy.com/examples/d...med-range.html

I was replying to Claus' offering of an example (not viewed by myself).
It would be better for the OP if Claus' example included this since,
even after reading the article you refer to (good as it is) it still
may prove a daunting challenge to 'casual' users who use headers (as I
suspect ths OP does for checkbox cols)!

Not meaning to discourage others, though, I'd likely recommend further
reading here...

http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

--
Garry