Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default Out of Memory

I have just worked around a problem. It seems friendly to report my
experience.
I use Excel 2003 and most of my code is in PERSONAL.XLS.
I had created a new sub, which is a renaming of another.
I lost the plot and saved PERSONAL.XLS.
When I opened Excel again, I got an "Out of Memory" dialog box.
Throwing away a lot of redundant code did not help. I could run no code.
I moved PERSONAL.XLS away from Application.StartupPath.
I created an empty PERSONAL.XLS. (Save a dummy macro in Personal Macro
Workbook.)
Previously, I had copied Sub ExportAllComponents from somewhere.
(Possibly <https://www.experts-exchange.com/art...1457/Automate-
Exporting-all-Components-in-an-Excel-Project.html)
I used that code on my old PERSONAL.XLS.
I imported the components, one at a time.
I hit problems with the need to set Tools/References and to define
types. Googling got me information to set references.
When I had got a compilable file, my new PERSONAL.XLS was about 2MB.
The old file was about 20MB. I have no notion what went wrong.
--
Walter Briscoe