Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Claus Busch Claus Busch is offline

Default Sum columns based on conditions

Hi,

Am Fri, 16 Dec 2016 17:53:04 +0000 schrieb shani1975:

I need to figure out how many "true" Regular employees we have. As you
can see, I have columns that are labeled

FT, PT, REG, SEAS and INTERIM.

A FT OR PT employee can move from REG to INTERIM if they are filling in
for another position. So technically, when they go from REG to INTERIM
they are still considered a REG employee. Seas are truly seasonal emps
and I dont need that info.

At the bottom of the sheet, I listed the columns I need...there will be
conditions by site. I attached an example spreadsheet.

what is the difference between OCC ON SITE and OCC REMOTE?
Try in H62:
=SUMIF($B$1:$B$59,LEFT($G62,3),INDEX($H$1:$L$59,,M ATCH(H$61,$H$1:$L$1,0)))
and copy down and to right.

Regards
Claus B.
--