Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Mark F[_2_] Mark F[_2_] is offline

Default How can I click on a cell to go to another cell?

How can I click on a cell to go to another cell in my Excel
spreadsheet? Perhaps this is something easy that I just
aren't seeing.

There are many named cells in the spread sheet.

I want to have a table of all the names, which each name next to
a cell that I can click on, with the result being that I go to
the named cell (In other words, the named cell becomes the active cell
after I click on the "GOTO" cell.)

Currently I do (in Excel 2003}
Edit Go To ... (or ctrl+G)
then scroll down to the name I want and click "OK",
but I now have too many cells for the list to be easy
to scroll through and I can't get the list in the
order that I want unless I prefix each name with something
to cause them to appear in that order:
NA0010JoesAccount
NA0020BobsAccount
NA0040CousinBillsAccount
{The trailing "0" in the prefix is so that I can insert
other labels later.}

Typing the label I want into the "Go To" popup doesn't
work for me since it would require too much typing and
I need to see all the possibilities in order to decide
which is the one that I want or if I want to define a new
entry.

Once I had a way to be able to click on a cell to cause
the indicated name to be the active cell, I would put
the table in a portion of the display the I don't
let scroll.

Setting up such a table with the names in it
still requires me to type the name that I want in the "Go To"
popup since, for Excel 2003, at least, you cannot paste into the
"Reference:" field in the "Go To" popup.

I'd like to have a method that works
in Excel 2003 and all later versions, but if the
method works even on just the latest version I still can use it.