Thread: Out of Memory
View Single Post
  #6   Report Post  
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Briscoe View Post
I have just worked around a problem. It seems friendly to report my experience. I use Excel 2003 and most of my code is in PERSONAL.XLS. I had created a new sub, which is a renaming of another. I lost the plot and saved PERSONAL.XLS. When I opened Excel again, I got an "Out of Memory" dialog box. Throwing away a lot of redundant code did not help. I could run no code. I moved PERSONAL.XLS away from Application.StartupPath. I created an empty PERSONAL.XLS. (Save a dummy macro in Personal Macro Workbook.) Previously, I had copied Sub ExportAllComponents from somewhere. (Possibly <https://www.experts-exchange.com/art...1457/Automate- Exporting-all-Components-in-an-Excel-Project.html>) I used that code on my old PERSONAL.XLS. I imported the components, one at a time. I hit problems with the need to set Tools/References and to define types. Googling got me information to set references. When I had got a compilable file, my new PERSONAL.XLS was about 2MB. The old file was about 20MB. I have no notion what went wrong. -- Walter Briscoe
Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Many thanks, However I am having troubles with your RSS. I don?t know the reason why I cannot subscribe to it. Is there anyone else getting the same RSS issues? Anyone who knows the solution will you kindly respond? Thanx!!