Smurfy Smurfy is offline
Junior Member

Default Extract date / extract time / strip data

I have the following string of text and I need to extract data for different columns.

"POS 12/31/15 08:03 8931 PICK N PUMP [location]"

So I need to extract the date for one column, extract the time for another, and finally strip "POS 12/31/15 08:03 8931" for another. For the last item where I need to strip, that is a set number of characters in every row, what follows varies.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I would also note, after having searched to try and solve this without posting, It might help both me and anyone who sees this in the future to explain the parts of the formulas used. I found several formulas but the example/original data wasn't the same and the parts were not explained so I couldn't figure out how to change the formula provided to suit my needs.