Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
hbj hbj is offline

Default Why full path in the formula to an UDF function?

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 at 9:14:05 PM UTC+3, hbj wrote:
I have a project, which uses UDFs, running in several computers. When I open the file in computer 1, after I saved it in computer 2, the call to a formula in a cell is proceded by the full path to the UDF, where the full path points to the path in computer 2, where it was saved (Extremely clearly described;)).
E.g. ='C:\Users\HBJ\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\HB JUDF.xlam'!MyFunc(xxx,yyy)

HBJUDF.xlam is located in a common directory (Dropbox) accessible from all computers.

How should I reference the UDF to prevent it to load into the local AddIns directory?

How can I prevent Excel from adding full path name to the function call?

Thank you in advance!
Håkan

I'm sorry to admit, I'm still struggling with the same problem. The full path name to the add-in in front of the function is only a side effect of the main problem. I have three computers running Excel projects, all using a common Add-in "myUDF.xlam" located i Dropbox. When I in PC1 edit a cell content referring to a function in the Add-in, Excel places the full path to the function in front of the function. When I open the same file in PC2, the same cell function refers to the path located in the first PC. I suppose that I can get rid of this by in "Workbook_Open()" copying" the Add-In to the local Office macro folder - and also let Excel refer to the copied local Add-in. But how???

Håkan