Curtopia Curtopia is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi,

Am Thu, 10 Nov 2016 12:50:16 +0000 schrieb Curtopia:

Example:
1:05.00 1:04.00 =(A-B) 00:01.00
works
1:05.00 1:05.00 =(A-B) 00:00.00
works
1:05:00 1:06.00 =(A-B) ###### Does not
work regardless of the column width

if you only want to display the delte try:
=IF(A1=B1;A1-B1;"- "&TEXT(B1-A1;"mm:ss,00"))

If you want to calculate with the delta:
Excel options = Advanced = When calculating this workbook and activate
"Use 1904 date system"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Windows10
Office 2016

I could not get the formula to work but I have determined that even though a negative delta displays as #######, the cell is holding the correct delta so when I add all the deltas and average them, it is accurate. It would be helpful to display the negative like it does the = or + so if you have any other thoughts, let me know. Thanks again for taking the time to help.