Espen

Default Excel insits that I use absolute cell references

Sometimes if you are referring to a cell in another sheet (in the same
workbook) Excel decides for no apparent reason that all your references
should be absolute.

Specifically I was referencing cells a list on another worksheet, and when
you do that you want to use relative references. However Excel had for some
reason made up its mind that all references should be absolute.

Of course this is easy to correct by hitting F4, but it is inefficient an
extremely irritating.

I don't know what kind of a geek of a programmer in Microsoft that came up
with this "helpful" feature of "automatic absolute referencing", but if the
aim was to irritate us users he succeeded with me.

Anyway, do anyone know how to make Excel RELATIVE references to another
sheet default again.