Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Cursor cell selection "won't release"

If you're using xl2007, try changing the zoom (bottom right corner).

Back to 100% (???).

nitewowl wrote:

This is happening within an open spreadsheet. Somehow I have accidentally
hit something or some combination of keys that makes the cursor "stuck" in
selection mode. I've tried escape, enter, and a variety of combinations like
control scroll and it just won't stop. I have had this happen before though
can't remember how we got it to stop. I will print out the answer if someone
is able to tell me the trick and it works. It is a very frustrating
situation because even if you contol-alt-delete and end the program, when you
restart Excel and open the spreadsheet, it is in the same status.

I appreciate all help. Thank you.

--

Dave Peterson