mikerickson mikerickson is offline
Junior Member

Location: Winters CA

When you press RecordMacro, a dialog box opens on which there is a drop down that lets you select what workbook the code is to be put in. It also allows you to specify the name of the about to be recorded macro.

Once you are done recording the macro, if you invoke the RunMacro dialog box, you can select the macro, press Edit and you will be taken to that macro in the VBEditor, which will let you see what module (in the VBProject you selected from the Record Macro dialog) your macro was put in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pinnell[_4_] View Post
I recorded a macro (as a basis for editing, maybe with help here). But
how are you supposed to know where to find the VBA code please?

I assumed it would be in PERSONAL.xlsb as a new module, But as you see
it's replaced whatever was in Module 8, rather than creating Module 16.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e-Location.jpg

What logic or inadvertent setting on my part gets it into Module 8?

Also, could I ask a few associated very basic queries please:

1. Is there any way to change 'Module 1' etc to meaningful names?
2. Or search for a macro name?
3. Is there a KB shortcut to stop a macro recording, rather than the
four clicks, in my case: Classical Menu Tools Macro Stop Recording

4. With many modules open, as I had here, can I close them all at once
instead of individually?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK