Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Florin V. Florin V. is offline

Default Can I arrange tabs vertically in Excel (not horizontally)?

There's an add-in that adds a vertical pane for the tabs: www.excelnavi.com
Very easy to work with.

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 2:25 AM LinLi wrote:

I use a lot of tabs / worksheets in a spreadsheets and if I could view them
vertically (ie on the RHS of the screen) I could fit more tabs in!

Is there anyway to change this?

Otherwise, how does everyone else work with a lot of tabs? The problem is
that when the tab name is too long, that also takes away the tab space at the
bottom of the screen.
thanks everyone!

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 3:42 AM Ragdyer wrote:

Have you tried using XL's built in "Sheet List"?

Right click on the small arrows to the left of the tabs.
This brings up a list of maybe 15 sheets, which you can expand to an
infinitely scrolling list of all the sheets in the WB.
--
HTH,

RD

"LinLin" wrote in message
them
the

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 8:17 AM HelpFrom wrote:

See Ragdyer's response - it's about as good as you're going to get. In
direct response to your question, there's no option to align the sheet tabs
vertically.

Other option involves $$ and hardware solution: buy a wider screen and go to
as high a resolution as you can comfortably work with. Or change the zoom
level for the workbook to something lower than 100% or your current setting -
again how low you go is based on your ability to still read and use the
display.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 10:24 AM Gord Dibben wrote:

How about a sheet navigation bar from Debra Dalglesih?

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Or Bob Phillips' Browsesheets macro?

See this google search result. All one line for the URL

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c19464f875bd25

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:25:02 -0700, LinLin
wrote:

On Thursday, October 25, 2007 11:41 AM slow386 wrote:

What a time saver . . .
Thanks
Steve

On Friday, October 26, 2007 2:16 AM LinLi wrote:

Hi Gord

Contextures worked a treat!
COuldn't get to the browsheets macro at work because of email filters to
blogs etc.

This will definitely change my life!

cheerio

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

On Friday, October 26, 2007 2:17 AM LinLi wrote:

Thanks Ragdyer & JLatham - I learn a new thing about Excel everyday!