Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default Data Labels - I Only Want One

Hi,

Try this, select the series then select the point. Use ribbon Chart Tools
Layout Labels Data Labels More Data Label Options.
You can now apply specific label type to selected point only.

Another way would be to add a dummy series that only contains data for those
points you want labeled?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"DanielG" wrote in message
Using X-Y Scatter Plot charts in Excel 2007, I am having trouble getting
just
one data label to appear for a data series. After selecting just one data
point, I right click and select Add Data Label. I am then provided with
the
Y-value, though I am looking to display the X-value. After right clicking
on
the lone data label and selecting Format Data Labels, I select X Value and
unselect Y Value, which turns on all of the X-values for all of the
points.
Is there an easier way to get one or two X-value labels than turning them
all
on and then deleting the ones that I don't want?