Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default User-defined type not defined

In another thread, today, I mentioned Regular Expressions.
The subject of my posting is an XL 2003 Compile error.
I regularly find people mention user-defined types without saying where
they are defined.

In another thread, today, I mentioned Regular Expressions.
I reported:
Public RE As RegExp ' _
Needs Tools/References/Microsoft Vbscript Regular Expressions 1.0 or 5.5

Can somebody point me to code which:
1) Searches type libraries for a type
or
2) Enumerates the interfaces provided by a particular type library or
all type libraries on a system.

I have a book Windows Scripting Secrets by Tobias Weltner from 2000.
Herr Dr. Weltner produced a book with much interesting content.

In the accompanying CD, there is \install\typelib\setup.exe.
That installs code to enumerates all typlelib interfaces on the running
system.
I don't have a CD reader to hand.

Can somebody (Gary?) please point to a mechanism to go from a type name
to a type library?
--
Walter Briscoe