Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
[email protected] brandon.oliver@outlook.com is offline

Default Can't make Excel default program, not on list.

On Sunday, June 21, 2009 at 6:28:59 AM UTC-5, rakesh bhansali wrote:
On Jun 9, 12:29*am, Kassie wrote:
Under Tools, Options, General, is "Ignore other applications" ticked? *If so,
untick.

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Traci" wrote:
Excel is listed in Start/All Programs, but when if I click on a file and
choose "open with", Excel is not on the list for .xls. *

If I download the file and save it, then open Excel and open the file, no
problem.

If I "browse" for programs to open that file type, Excel is not listed. *

I am not able to find the tools,options, general tabs in vista. Where
do I look for this?

In Excel, Options Advanced General (For Excel 2013, likely similar or the same for 2007)

"Ignore other applications that use Dynamic Data Exchange" I believe this is what she is referring to.