Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
B. R.Ramachandran B. R.Ramachandran is offline

Default Changing values of x-axis to include greek letters

Hi,

Format the x-axis as I have described in my earlier reponse, as follows.

Right-click on the x-axis, €śFormat Axis€ť -- €śNumber€ť -- €śCustom€ť
Under the Format Code enter General €ś p€ť
click €śAdd€ť and €śClose€ť
Right-click again on the x-axis -- €śFont€ť and change the font to Symbol

It will label the x-axis not as pi/2, pi, 3pi/2, etc, but as 0.5 pi, 1.0 pi,
1.5 pi, etc.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Al" wrote:

Will that show, on the x-axis the value "pi/2" (with the Greek letter) or
1.5708?

"John Mansfield" wrote:

Excel has a built-in function called "PI". As an example for creating your
X-axis, try entering "=PI()" into cell A1.

In cell A3 enter "=A1/2".
In cell A4 enter "=A1".
In cell A5 enter "=3*A1"

And so on. The values in cells A3, A4, A5, etc. can now be used as your X
axis.

--
John Mansfield
http://cellmatrix.net

"Al" wrote:

I'm trying to graph the function sin(x) in radians and I want my x-axis to
list the standard "pi/2; pi; 3pi/2; and 2 pi" but I can't figure out how to
do it (short of copying the graph into a paint file, using Microsoft Equation
3.0 to create the equations and replace each value with what I want.