Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
B. R.Ramachandran B. R.Ramachandran is offline

Default Changing values of x-axis to include greek letters

Hi,

Try the following method.

Lets imagine that the angles (in radians) are in Column A.
Convert the angles as multiples of pi in Column B; e.g., the formula for B1
will be =DEGREES(A1)/180
Have the sine values calculated in Column C; e.g., C1 = SIN(A1).
Make a XY-plot of Column C vs Column B. The x-axis would show the angles in
units of pi.
Now, right-click on the x-axis, €śFormat Axis€ť -- €śNumber€ť -- €śCustom€ť
Under the Format Code, enter General €ś p€ť click €śAdd€ť and €śClose€ť
Right-click again on the x-axis -- €śFont€ť and change the font to Symbol.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"Al" wrote:

I'm trying to graph the function sin(x) in radians and I want my x-axis to
list the standard "pi/2; pi; 3pi/2; and 2 pi" but I can't figure out how to
do it (short of copying the graph into a paint file, using Microsoft Equation
3.0 to create the equations and replace each value with what I want.