Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jacob

Default Disappearing Tool and menu bars

I found another thread abotu this by searching the term "virtual desktop"
in the Excel newsgroup, dated 3/29/05.

It appears others have noticed this problem (as have I) and there appears to
be no known fix. There is a workaround - minimize, switch, switch back,
de-minimize. Haven't tried it yet, but see the other thread I mention.

Incidentally they say that other Virt Desktop managers are preferable... I
tried the nVidia one that came with my gfx card, found that it was in some
ways preferable but in other ways not. Unfortunately my laptop doesn't
support it, and I would rather standardize for the benefit of minimizing my
required level of effort in adjusting from computer to computer. Therefore
I'm not using the nVidia one. I may try one of these aftermarket ones...

Jacob

"J Streger" wrote:

I Just figured out that Virtual Desktop manager seems to be the cause, as
when I flip desktops any Excel programs open lose the task/menu bars. this
doesn't affect other MS Office products. Anyone else ever come accross this
problem and have a solution?

--
J Streger

"J Streger" wrote:

Upon copying a picture into excel, botht he tool and menu bars disappear. I
tried accessing them through hot keys but could not. Any idea what might
cause this?

--
J Streger