Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Andy Andy is offline

Default Macro to open SaveAs... and change filename to cell value

Hi Julie

Thankyou very much. The file save worked well however I wanted to continue working on the new saved as file straight away and had to open the file manually.

When I normally Save As... manually the .xlt I am working on turns into a .xls that I rename and relocate and I continue to work on the .xls.

Is there something I have forgotten?

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Andy

something along the lines of

Dim fname As String
fname = "R:\" & Range("A1").Value & "\" & Range("A2").Value & ".xls"
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs fname

this assumes that the folder for the company exists

Cheers
JulieD

"Andy" wrote in message
I have an excel.xlt file that I would like to fill in and save as an .xls

with its filename and path based on particular cell values

For example A1 = Company A2 = QuoteNumber

The full Path/filename I would like to SaveAs...
is R:\Company\QuoteNumber.xls

I would appreciate if any could suggest a macro code to do this:)