Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Josh W Josh W is offline

Default Adding an extra row after every existing row

Thanks very much, it works.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Just elaborating on Gord's explanation:

Say existing data in A1 to A61.
Insert a *new* (helper) column A by right clicking in the existing Column A
header and choosing "Insert".

In the NEW Column A, enter 1 in A1, and 2 in A2.
Select A1 and A2.
In the lower right corner of this 2 cell selection you'll see a small black
square, called the "fill" handle.

Hover the cursor over this square until it (the cursor) changes from a fat
white cross to a skinny black cross.
Then *double* click.

This will *automatically* fill the series down Column A, as far as there is
data in Column B.

This gives you the numbers 1 to 61 in the column next to your data in Column
B.

While these 61 numbers are *still* selected, right click in the selection
and choose "Copy".
Right click in the empty A62 and choose "Paste".

NOW, select A1 to B122, and from the Menu Bar:
<Data <Sort
Sort by Column A, ascending, <OK.

And you're done.

Of course, if your data extends beyond Column B, say to Column J, then
select A1 to J122 before completing the sort.
--
HTH,

RD

"Josh W" wrote in message
Sorry Gord, I know you are trying to help but I really couldn't follow

you. I
tried to understand and do what you suggested several ways but all that
happens is that the existing data remain exactly as before and I only got

an
extra 61 rows AFTER the existing rows and not each one in between.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

If just for visual purposes, simply select all rows, which are the

1,2,3,4,5 and
not the columns which are A,B,C,D and double their height.

If you truly need a row inserted, in a helper column enter numbers 1 to

61.

Copy that range and paste to row 62.

Sort on that column ascending to get your blank rows.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 07:10:00 -0700, Josh W

wrote:

I have an excel worksheet with about 61 rows. Now i have to add another

row
with the same text after EACH existing row - between row A and B, row B

and C
etc. Is there any quick way to insert all these rows or do I simply

have to
manually insert row by row.