Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tb tb is offline

Default Formula That Checks For Changes

On 11/28/2016 at 5:03:06 PM Claus Busch wrote:

Hi,

Am Mon, 28 Nov 2016 21:24:55 +0000 (UTC) schrieb tb:

In the real spreadsheet, there are many more columns beside B, C,
and D (and the corresponding E, F, and G).

Is there any way to optimize your formula based on this new piece of
information? Including every column used in the MATCH function will
take me forever and create a very long formula.

if you have many more columns to compare and also a lot of data an
array formula is very slow. You better use VBA.
Please explain your table layout that we can help you.

Regards
Claus B.

The columns for current data go from B to J. Columns for new data go
from K to T. Column A holds the part number codes.

The problem is with the number of rows... As we keep on adding new
part numbers, the number of rows keeps on getting bigger. Right now
there are over 15,000 rows.

--
tb