Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] pako10alan@gmail.com is offline

Default Coverting Lotus 123 files to use with excel

On Sunday, June 20, 2004 at 2:18:07 AM UTC-7, Harlan Grove wrote:
"Muffin1947" wrote...
I have several hundred files on my old (windows 98se) Pc created
with lotus 123. Unfortunately, my new pc already has excel 2002
installed. i've spent 4 days trying to convert any of my lotus
files into a format which excel can read - the farthest i've got
so far is an error mesage in the excel workbook quote "! Microsoft
Excel - Cannot open lotus 123 file - OK" unquote.

Are your 123 files in 123 Release 4/5, .WK4, or earlier file formats, e.g.,
.WK3, .WK1 or .WKS? If so, Excel should be able to open them. If your files
are in '97 Edition' or subsequent .123 file formats, you're out of luck. The
only software that can handle .123 file formats are recent versions of 123
itself, recent versions of Corel Quattro Pro, and (per its marketing
material) DataViz's ConversionPlus.

If your files are in .123 format, you have just two choices: rebuild your
files from scratch in Excel, or buy and install one of these other packages
and use it to convert your .123 files to .XLS files. There are no other
alternatives, and no amount of whining will alter these facts.

you have to open the file in 123 and save as an excel file .... save as file type excel... then open this excel file in excel pako pan comida