Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FJ FJ is offline

Default =+SUM

Hi, thank you very much for your response. :)

"L. Howard Kittle" wrote:

I believe the standard answer for the + is that its a throwback to the Lotus
1 2 3 days. I works but is not needed in Excel. Discard at your pleasure

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"FJ" wrote in message
Hi, I have a question: I was given a spreadsheet to work on and all the
SUM
formulas have the following format: =+SUM(A1:A10). I have never seen
this
before. Does the + sign before SUM mean anything and if so, what? It
doesn't seem to make a difference when it is removed. Sorry if this is a
really basic question. I have just never seen this before and I am
curious.

Thanks in advance for any information.

.