LucianoG

Default advanced filter won't allow me to filter on bracketed text (-456.2

I'm trying to use the advanced filter feature to filter a spreadsheet that
shows a variance between two numbers. The variance text shows up in red with
brackets and a minus sign. When i've try to use wildcard operators to pick up
the any text with a bracket i.e. (the number) it will not return any records
though I know they are there... I just learned about advance filter in an
excel class but now am frustrated. Am I doing something wrong is there
another way to filter out these records so I can see only the rows/records
that have variances? Thank you for any help provided. Oh yeah, I'm using
Excel 2000

A.G.