Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] shahbaz.nawaz@nbtc-group.com is offline

Default =+SUM

On Thursday, February 18, 2010 at 11:51:01 AM UTC+3, Faraz A. Qureshi wrote:
"+" sign is near to numeric pad and that's why often used instead of "="
If you would insert a formula like:
+sum(1,1)
it would automatically convert to:
=+sum(1,1)
--
Thanx & Best Regards,

Faraz!

"FJ" wrote:

Hi, I have a question: I was given a spreadsheet to work on and all the SUM
formulas have the following format: =+SUM(A1:A10). I have never seen this
before. Does the + sign before SUM mean anything and if so, what? It
doesnt seem to make a difference when it is removed. Sorry if this is a
really basic question. I have just never seen this before and I am curious.

Thanks in advance for any information.

thnks ....... ......its a simple answer for that question..... so that we can + instead of =