Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] heather.chembio@gmail.com is offline

Default words in cell keep repeating

On Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:13:01 PM UTC-4, Jim Thomlinson wrote:
Probably a Fill format.

Format - Format Cells... | Alignment (tab)| Horizontal (drop down)

As a guess this is set to Fill which repeats the text in the cell. Change it
to Indent Left.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Hyde Park" wrote:

In a worksheet that has been created and that we used repeatedly in our
business, one cell keeps repeating the name we are placing in it. Such as we
type the name Wolf, J and when you hit enter the cell contains Wolf, J Wolf,
J Wolf, J there is no formatting for this cell and I have deleted
everything in it and try again and it still happens

Thank you!!! This fix just saved my file.