Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
noname noname is offline

Default split range address into individual cell addresses

On Saturday, August 4, 2012 12:04:54 PM UTC+5:30, noname wrote:
hi,

Given a range say, "A1:E1", i need a formula to return a string of cells "A1","B1","C1","D1","E1". I do not want to use helper columns.

has anyone tried something like this?

Hi Ron,

thanks for your reply.
my question is very clear and i.e. to split a range address into its individual cell addresses (cell references). the above formulae containing index functions only returns the VALUE at those indexes and not their ADDRESSES. Also, it means, if you have 30 cells in a range, it would involve writing 30 INDEX functions and concatenating them together. Will appear too long!

your VBA solution takes into account a FOR EACH LOOP, which i would like to avoid. i need a shorter code aka a one- liner!