Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Roger Govier[_11_] Roger Govier[_11_] is offline

Default How can I click on a cell to go to another cell?

Hi
Can you not just apply Autofilter to your header row?
Assuming you do have a header row with Name, Account, Detail etc., just highlight the header row and choose Data Filter Autofilter

Now you will have drop down arrows at the top of each column that you can use to select what you want.

If you want something more sophisticated and can accept some VBA cod in your workbook, then take a look at a tutorial and example file I posted here
http://www.contextures.com/excelfilesRoger.html

Scroll down to the Filters section and download the sample workbook.

Of course in the more modern versions of Excel, there are Tables, which automatically have filtering enabled, and as well as clicking to de-select All and then clicking the item of interest, you can also type any text in the first part of the dialogue, and it will immediately reduce the list to those items containing the text you have typed.