Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] admin@farmenergyconsulting.co.uk is offline

Default File cannot be accessed

On Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 3:32:00 PM UTC, Auric__ wrote:
"Rod" wrote:

I have a macro that sequentially opens data files (csv data in .rnd
files), copies data to the main workbook, then closes the file. This
normally works well but when the number of files reaches some arbitrary
number, around 200, I get the message: Filename "cannot be accessed.The
file may be corrupted, located on a server that is not working or
read-only."
If I process in blocks of less than 150 the same file opens without
problems. It would be good though to keep all 250 files together. Any
ideas of how to avoid the issue?

Post the code that's giving you trouble.

--
I'm not sure if you're serious, or trolling the troll.

Thanks for your reply. I am serious but I dont see the benefit of posting a large amount of code most of which is irrelevant. The bits that open and close the files are standard and work most of the time. However I suspect that a buffer is getting filled, or something. I just wondered if anyone had seen anything similar before.