Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
CAPTGNVR CAPTGNVR is offline

Default A simple way to crack VBA password in Excel file

On Feb 4, 8:00 pm, wrote:
Unbelivibale, but I found a very simple way that really works!

Do the follwoing:

1. Create a new simple excel file.
2. In the VBA part, set a simple password (say - 1234).
3. Save the file and exit.
4. Open the file you just created with a simple editor.
5. Copy the lines starting with the following keys:

CMG=....
DPB=...
GC=...

6. with a simple editor (again), open the excel file you don;t know
the VBA password for,
and paste the above copied lines from the dummy file.
7. save the excel file and exit.
8. Now, open the excel file you need to see the VBA code in. The
password for the VBA code
will simply be 1234 (as in the example I'm showing here).

Simply works...

Enjoy!

Alen

D/ALLEN
First of all my appreciation for your genorosity in sharing with ur
find. First time it was all greek. I read it over and over again to
ustand a bit. Now i got the hex editor xvi32. I ran it and did as u
told. When i opened the excel file in the hex editor-- there was
three screens, one small to the left, and next two big ones. in the
thrid one only ascii characters. But i did not find what u said like
CMG=....
DPB=...
GC=...

Then i clicked on the tools on xvi32 and opened the editor. i got
only four characters.

So can u adopt the approach - ALLEN STEPS FOR DUMMIES--. Pls explain
it in little more detail especially since I cant find the CMG=....
DPB=... GC=.... I think I am not opening it in the right screen.
Pls advice