Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Antonio Antonio is offline

Default A simple way to crack VBA password in Excel file

Thank you.

I did try on a test file.

It works.

Quite handy.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

You have to do this in a HEX editor.

Hopefully you didn't need that file or made a copy of it (or it was just a
play/test file). I think you can assume it is ruined.

Tom Ogilvy

"Antonio" wrote in message
Hi Alen,

I have followed the steps.

I have used Notepad as the editor.

I copy the lines from the dummy file on top of the same lines of the file
need the password for (target file).

Then I save this file with Notepad using Ctrl+S (not save as)

My problem is that when I try to open this file in Excel I get

"book2.xls" cannot be accessed. The file may be read only. Or you may be
trying to access a read only location. Or the server the document is
stored
on may not be responding.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Antonio

" wrote:

Unbelivibale, but I found a very simple way that really works!

Do the follwoing:

1. Create a new simple excel file.
2. In the VBA part, set a simple password (say - 1234).
3. Save the file and exit.
4. Open the file you just created with a simple editor.
5. Copy the lines starting with the following keys:

CMG=....
DPB=...
GC=...

6. with a simple editor (again), open the excel file you don;t know
the VBA password for,
and paste the above copied lines from the dummy file.
7. save the excel file and exit.
8. Now, open the excel file you need to see the VBA code in. The
password for the VBA code
will simply be 1234 (as in the example I'm showing here).

Simply works...

Enjoy!

Alen