Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
[email protected] alessio.toraldo@gmail.com is offline

Default LINEST with r2 = -1.18 ???

Hi all
this is funny. Missing values are a problem with LINEST
However, the very Excel that does not allow for missing values, ignores them when plotting a polynomial function
Since I exactly need the regression parameters from a polynomial regression of the fomr y=a*X^3+b*X^2+c*X+d, then the question becomes, how I can *automatically* get out the parameters from the equation in the plot into a set of cells.
I would also need t-test and significance but that can be solved later
Thank you!