Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Walter Briscoe Walter Briscoe is offline

Default User-defined type not defined

In message of Tue, 29 Nov 2016 14:40:03 in
microsoft.public.excel.programming, GS writes
Better help if you show the offending code!

Garry,
I DID show offending code.
I will try again.
I have just recorded and edited the following code:

Option Explicit

Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 30/11/2016 by IBM
'
Dim RE As Regexp
'
End Sub

When compiled, it gets
Compile error
User-defined type not defined

I happen to "know" the way to deal with this is to add a reference to
Microsoft Vbscript Regular Expressions 1.0 or 5.5.
How would I find that out, if I did not have that "knowledge"?
I mentioned "Windows Scripting Secrets" code which enumerates all
typelibs. I am looking for VBA code with the same capability.
--
Walter Briscoe