Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham JLatham is offline

Default Can I arrange tabs vertically in Excel (not horizontally)?

See Ragdyer's response - it's about as good as you're going to get. In
direct response to your question, there's no option to align the sheet tabs
vertically.

Other option involves $$ and hardware solution: buy a wider screen and go to
as high a resolution as you can comfortably work with. Or change the zoom
level for the workbook to something lower than 100% or your current setting -
again how low you go is based on your ability to still read and use the
display.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Have you tried using XL's built in "Sheet List"?

Right click on the small arrows to the left of the tabs.
This brings up a list of maybe 15 sheets, which you can expand to an
infinitely scrolling list of all the sheets in the WB.
--
HTH,

RD

"LinLin" wrote in message
I use a lot of tabs / worksheets in a spreadsheets and if I could view

them
vertically (ie on the RHS of the screen) I could fit more tabs in!

Is there anyway to change this?

Otherwise, how does everyone else work with a lot of tabs? The problem is
that when the tab name is too long, that also takes away the tab space at

the
bottom of the screen.
thanks everyone!