Ariowrite

Default unlock toolbar

Hello,
I'm getting the message, "This modification is not allowed because document
is locked. I went to Microsoft Help and they suggested clicking on the
comments section from the Insert toolbar. Comment is gray and not available
to do this.
As far as that goes, I am unable to do anything on Word now at all.
How do I unlock protection and work on a new and/or existing document?
Bruce
garfield-n-odie

My guess is that either you have not activated your Office software, or you
have an expired trial version of Office 2003. What happens if you start Word
or Excel and then click on Help | Activate Product? If you are activated, a
dialog box saying so will pop up. If you are not activated, then the
Activation Wizard will start. If you have an expired trial version, you will
be prompted to enter a valid license key or purchase a key online.