Greg

Default Sorting blocks of data or named fields?

Hi
I have a sort problem that I have approached from a number of angles
and cannot seem to find a solution to, I am using excel xp.
I have produced a web query which has returned a list which has a
number of "blocks" of information each of which is four columns by
four rows with two blank lines between each block. Each "block" has a
number of blank spaces within it. I wish to sort the "blocks" of
information(Kept together) based upon a value within the "block"
I have tried a simple sort and the blocks have been broken up when
sorted,
I have tried to alocate a range name to each block, but how then to
sort?
I have filled up all the blank cells with a value, then sorted the
list it is then again broken up.
The next way I am thinking to solve the problem is to convert the
"block" of info into a single row so that the sort can be performed
but I am at a loss as to how to automate this to allow for the blank
cells within each "block" which are not always in the same place.
I have recorded a macro to do this for one "block" but then how to
enable the macro to know to do the whole page and know where each
"block" starts.
I would be grateful to be directed towards a solution that I can
modify and learn to solve the problem.

Thanks all
Greg

hi,
use a helper column. number each block in the order you
want to sort then.
block1 would all be numbered 1
block2 would all be numbered 2
then sort by the helper column. this will keep the blocks
togeather
good luck.

.