Barb Reinhardt

Default Non-Breaking Space + Print Issue

I have two questions for the group.

1) I'm having the same problem as others with getting the Y axis labels to
print completely. It appears that the last character of the axis label is
cut in half. I've seen someone post the code for a non-breaking space, but
I can't find it.

2) I have some bubble charts that I'm trying to print. When I print them
directly from excel, they print as squares with inscribed circles. The
same happens when I print from Word and the chart is copies as a picture
file from Excel to Word. Once the Word document is PDF'd, the bubble
charts print correctly. Has anyone else seen this? Is this a printer
driver issue?

Thanks in advance,
Barb

Bernard Liengme

Hi Barb,
The non-breaking space (aka "hard space") is inserted using ALT+0160 (you
must use the numeric pad for the digits)

best wishes

--
Bernard Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message
I have two questions for the group.

1) I'm having the same problem as others with getting the Y axis labels
print completely. It appears that the last character of the axis label
is
cut in half. I've seen someone post the code for a non-breaking space,
but
I can't find it.

2) I have some bubble charts that I'm trying to print. When I print
them
directly from excel, they print as squares with inscribed circles. The
same happens when I print from Word and the chart is copies as a picture
file from Excel to Word. Once the Word document is PDF'd, the bubble
charts print correctly. Has anyone else seen this? Is this a printer
driver issue?

Thanks in advance,
Barb

Barb Reinhardt

I found a work around suggested by Jon Peltier. He suggested adding a
coule of spaces and a period and changing the font color for the period to
WHITE. It works, but I still don't like it.

[...]

Jon Peltier

Barb -

Is this a problem when printing? As far as I recall, it has only occurred on screen,
but in print preview and as printed, the chart's axis label is fine.

BTW, I'm trying to look into this issue for Microsoft's KB, in my excessive free
time. Could you send a copy of a defective workbook, and indicate such things as
version of Excel (the string like 9.0.6926 SP-3 at the top of the About Microsoft
Excel dialog), version of Windows, make and model of monitor, video settings (right
click the desktop properties Settings tab). Don't type all this stuff, just send
a screen shot.

Thanks,

- Jon
-------