PartnersHC

Default How can I use word wrap in a merged cell in excel 2000?

Hello,

We are having difficulty making Excel 2000 use word wrap in a merged cell.
The cells are formatted as Text & set to word wrap before the merge.
(and are still set as above after the merge)
The row is set to Autoheight.
Once two cells are merged into one, this autoheight feature no longer works.
The text is truncated indicating that it is wrapping to the next line below
but I cannot see the text on the second line.

Word wrap works as expected in an unmerged cell. That is, the row height
automatically adjusts to fit the multiple lines of text without inserting
hard returns (Alt+Enter).

I cannot double-click on the row seperator to have it automatically resize
the row height either. My only resolution is to drag the row seperator until
i like what i see.

Ideally I would prefer to find a setting in the options dialog that would
re-enable this autoheight feature on merged cells.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks,
Craig
Partners Healthcare
Andy Brown

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Don't think so. I had the same problem recently & found some code by Jim
Rech to work round.

http://www.google.co.uk/groups?hl=en...r%3D%26hl%3Den

HTH,
Andy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I had the same problem and used the code by Jim as well. While it gave me
the ability to resize "vertically" it did not solve my problem with text
running off to the right (wrapping). It appears that if I paste information
(mostly from Word), the wrapping works up to a certain point and stops. The
rest of the information runs off to the right and some of the information
prior doesn't wrap to where it is not cut off. Is there a way to get the
wrapping to work so this doesn't happen or any easy way to fix it?