Default Determining if a chart is selected

Is there any way (property) to determine if an embedded chart on a
sheet is selected or if it exists? Or is the best way to try access
the ActiveChart and catch the error. We have to make sure that the
ActiveChart, if it exists, is Deselected before performing a certain
operation and we only want to Deselect it if it is, in fact, selected.
Any info this would be appreaciated. Thanks.

Roy

Tushar Mehta

Trapping the error if Activechart doesn't yield anything is the
quickest way to do it. You could, of course, start with the selection
and loop to check if it is a chart (chartobject?) or a workbook and if
not move to the parent. If you get to a workbook or the application,
the selected object is not a chart or a component of one.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article .com,
says...
Is there any way (property) to determine if an embedded chart on a
sheet is selected or if it exists? Or is the best way to try access
the ActiveChart and catch the error. We have to make sure that the
ActiveChart, if it exists, is Deselected before performing a certain
operation and we only want to Deselect it if it is, in fact, selected.
Any info this would be appreaciated. Thanks.

Roy

Thanks for the information. Quickest way is what I want here. I
thought that might be the case, but wanted to make sure that there
wasn't some property I could test.

Roy