Co-op Bank

Default PIE CHART - HELP!!!

Hello,

I have some data which I which I would like to represent in a pie chart. My
data has three columns, titled 'Products', 'Activities' and 'Cost'. The
'Products' column has 5 items and the activities column has 4 different items.

I would like to segment the pie chart by 'Products' and then break down that
segment into its 'Activities' so for example in a single visual view you
could see product 'VISA' taking up a 20% segment of the total 'Products' pie
and activitie 'Calls' taking up 50% of the 'VISA' 20% product segment.

Ideally each 'Products' segment would be coloured and the 'Activities' would
be patterns. Is this possible? Any assistance very much appreciated.
Best regards
Brian
Manchester, England

Tushar Mehta

Does that mean that you have 20 rows (5 products * 4 items) with data?

If so, and this is a one-time (or very infrequent) activity do the
following. If it occurs with a higher frequency, consider recording a
macro while doing the following and generalizing the resulting macro.

Click any where in your data set and create a pie chart. Now, select
each slice one at a time (select the pie, pause, select the slice).
This, of course, corresponds to particular product and activity.
Double-click it and set the color and pattern as desired. Repeat for
each of the 20 slices.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
Hello,

I have some data which I which I would like to represent in a pie chart. My
data has three columns, titled 'Products', 'Activities' and 'Cost'. The
'Products' column has 5 items and the activities column has 4 different items.

I would like to segment the pie chart by 'Products' and then break down that
segment into its 'Activities' so for example in a single visual view you
could see product 'VISA' taking up a 20% segment of the total 'Products' pie
and activitie 'Calls' taking up 50% of the 'VISA' 20% product segment.

Ideally each 'Products' segment would be coloured and the 'Activities' would
be patterns. Is this possible? Any assistance very much appreciated.
Best regards
Brian
Manchester, England

Jon Peltier

You could use the approaches in this article:

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services