Dale Rosenthal

Default Function question

I know I'm not going to ask this correctly. I have a column of numbers. I
wish to have a count at the bottom of the column of the number of numbers
that fall below a certain number. What function is this? Or, is there a
website that would tell me how to do this?

Second question: Same column of numbers. Is there a way to have those same
numbers that fall below a given number become bold?

Thanks so much.

Dale

RagDyer

Use this to "hard code" the number (450) in the formula:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<450")

OR
Place the number in a cell (B1), so that it can be easily revised, without
the necessity of changing the formula itself:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"<"&B1)
--

HTH,

RD

"Dale Rosenthal" wrote in message
I know I'm not going to ask this correctly. I have a column of numbers. I
wish to have a count at the bottom of the column of the number of numbers
that fall below a certain number. What function is this? Or, is there a
website that would tell me how to do this?

Second question: Same column of numbers. Is there a way to have those same
numbers that fall below a given number become bold?

Thanks so much.

Dale

JulieD

Hi Dale

RG's given you an answer for the first ... so for your second question ...
select the column of numbers
choose format / conditional formatting
choose
cell value is
choose
less than
in the white line type the number that you're testing on, e.g. 450
and click on the Format button
choose a formatting
click OK twice
and the cells that meet the condition should have the formatting you chose.

Hope this helps
Cheers
JulieD