Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Werner Rohrmoser

Default Startup Prompt to update Links

Hello,

Excel 10 SP3, WIN XP Prof. 5.1 SP1

When I go to "Edit" = "Links" = "Startup Pompt" I can select
"Don't display the alert and update links".

But the alert is always displayed when I start a file with such a
configuration.
Does anyone know, what' s the use of this option?

Regards
Werner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Bill Manville

Werner Rohrmoser wrote:
When I go to "Edit" = "Links" = "Startup Pompt" I can select
"Don't display the alert and update links".

But the alert is always displayed when I start a file with such a
configuration.

I think that option is broken.
If you are able to have macros within the file, I suggest you set it to
Don't display the alert and don't update links.
Then have the Workbook_Open macro update the links.
In ThisWorkbook module

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim vLinkSources
Dim iLinkSource As Integer
vLinkSources = ThisWorkbook.LinkSources(xlExcelLinks)
If Not IsEmpty(vLinkSources) Then
For iLinkSource = LBound(vLinkSources) To UBound(vLinkSources)
ThisWorkbook.UpdateLink vLinkSources(iLinkSource), xlExcelLinks
Next

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Bill,

thank you for the code,
I'm going to use it in my files, in which I like
to have always an update of the links.

Regards
Werner