Robert Newman

Default Dates in spreadsheets

I am entering family information in a spreadsheet and
entering dates as for example 23 Nov 2004. However these
are not recognised as dates if year is before 1900 and
hence I cannot sort on date. Is there a way to overcome
this please?

Robert
Paul B

Robert, have a look here

http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip028.htm
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Robert Newman" wrote in message
I am entering family information in a spreadsheet and
entering dates as for example 23 Nov 2004. However these
are not recognised as dates if year is before 1900 and
hence I cannot sort on date. Is there a way to overcome
this please?

Robert

Hi Paul B,

Many thanks for such a quick reply.
It worked brilliantly, many, many thanks.

What a great site this is, wish I had found it earlier.
Again many thanks.

Robert
Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can

benefit from it
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"Robert Newman" wrote in

message