howiefan

Default addin loading issue

it appears that my add-in will only load when i open excel by itself. If I
open an excel file it wont load and i have to automatically reload it by
going to Tools/Addins..

any info would help!

thanks
Jim Rech

I take you to mean that when you open Excel by double-clicking on an XLS
file, add-ins you previously selected for automatic opening under Tools,
Add-Ins do not open. I tried to repro this and I did not have the problem.
Maybe I don't fully understand what you're doing. As a shot in the dark you
might re-register your file associations by running "Excel.exe /regserver"
(no quotes, there is a space before the slash) from Start-Run.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"howiefan" wrote in message
| it appears that my add-in will only load when i open excel by itself. If I
| open an excel file it wont load and i have to automatically reload it by
| going to Tools/Addins..
|
| any info would help!
|
| thanks

howiefan

when i double click on an xls file the addin wont load (it used to, but over
the past month or so it hasn't). If i open excel from the start menu
programs, Excel. it will load.

If i re-register my file assocations like you said below, will i loose any
of my custom toolbars?

"howiefan" wrote in message
| it appears that my add-in will only load when i open excel by itself. If I
| open an excel file it wont load and i have to automatically reload it by
| going to Tools/Addins..
|
| any info would help!
|
| thanks

Gord Dibben

Howie

NO.

Toolbars are saved in your *.XLB file.

If you're worried about losing your customizations, I would suugest you search
for the *.XLB file and make a backup copy.

Note: you may find more than one *.XLB file.

If you do, make a change or two to a Toolbar or Menu, close Excel and see
which file updates.

Backup that one.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP