Bob Parfet

Default Header/Footer - add to Excel prelists

How can I add to the list of suggested Headers/Footers so that I can choose
my format from the prelist instead of having to recreate it each time I want
to use it?

Version: Excel 2002
Gord Dibben

Bob

Custom headers and footers are a property of the workbook and not a global
property.

I would suggest you record a macro while doing your setup then store that
macro in your Personal.xls. See below for Chip Pearson's header/footer
macros.

Alternative.......

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish. FileSave As Type: scroll down
to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook "BOOK"(no quotes).
Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNewWorkbook.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings. Footers for them will
have to be done manually or via macro(see Chip Pearson reference below)

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

If you want a macro to set headers/footers see Chip Pearson's site for code.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/headfoot.htm

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

FileSave AsFile TypeTemplate(*.xlt)