Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
mi

Default Replace hyperlinks with actual pictures

Hi,

I have a worksheet with a column of hyperlinks to pictures
(http://server/image.jpg, http://server/image2.jpg, etc.)

I would like to create a macro which replaces all the hyperlinks with
the actual pictures, or inserts them into an adjacent cell.

I can easily loop through the hyperlinks with

For Each h In Worksheets(1).Hyperlinks

but I have not found a way to replace these links with the images they
are linking to.

I haven't found how to get the cell address of my hyperlinks either.
h.Address returns the web address, not "RxCy" as expected.

(and if possible, I would like to grow the cell's size to accomodate
for the size of the picture once it is downloaded).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
David McRitchie

I tend to think that you already have it the best way for most
purposes, since you will only have the original picture once on
your computer and not a who lot of copies in Excel workbooks.

You could use what you have to generate your own HTML file
if you know HMTL. There are many album applications that
create HTML files.

My XL2HTML is ignorant of HTML tags so you can mix tags
in cells with data, and generate HTML. Since you have hyperlinks
you can use them to generate the coding see my buildtoc.htm
page where you will find such functions as hyperlinkaddress
to extract the hyperlink address.

Anyway in Excel there are several possibilities, see
Add a picture to a comment
http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Picture

Display picture based on cell value
http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

Merge Pictures and Words (#photos) these are links
---
HTH,

"mi" wrote in message oups.com...
Hi,

I have a worksheet with a column of hyperlinks to pictures
(http://server/image.jpg, http://server/image2.jpg, etc.)

I would like to create a macro which replaces all the hyperlinks with
the actual pictures, or inserts them into an adjacent cell.

I can easily loop through the hyperlinks with

For Each h In Worksheets(1).Hyperlinks

but I have not found a way to replace these links with the images they
are linking to.

I haven't found how to get the cell address of my hyperlinks either.
h.Address returns the web address, not "RxCy" as expected.

(and if possible, I would like to grow the cell's size to accomodate
for the size of the picture once it is downloaded).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
David McRitchie

actually as far as generating HTML goes, if you are just
going to copy and paste, you might as well just use worksheet
formulas alone. Just depends on what is easiest for you, but
you would have to know HTML.