Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links

Default Make "Insert Hyperlink" remember the last location

Hi,

Say I have my excel sheet on the Desktop. And I want to link to two
documents in "My Documents".

I go to a cell, right click, hyperlink, get a box that says "Insert
Hyperlink", this box shows my Desktop so I browse to "My Documents",
choose the file, and link it. Now I go to the next cell, right click,
hyperlink, and I get a box that again shows my Desktop. Is there any
way I can change that? Change it to always show my last linked
location?

Thanks,
Rakhesh

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.links
Bill Manville

I don't think you can change the default - which is the directory the
workbook was loaded from. You could put the workbook in My Documents
and just a shortcut to it on your desktop - I think that would result
in the hyperlink dialog starting in My Documents

Bill Manville
MVP - Microsoft Excel, Oxford, England